Quick and Easy Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup
This Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is made without a carcass for an easy, healthy dinner that's ready in about 30 minutes!
Servings 8 cups
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, NOT diluted I used Campbell's Healthy Request
- 3-4 cups (about 1 lb.) diced, cooked turkey (or substitute with an equal amount of cooked, diced chicken)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked dry medium egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 10 minutes).
Add broth, soup, turkey, and poultry seasoning. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles, reduce heat to low, and simmer at a low boil for about 7-9 minutes (or just until noodles are tender).
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in fresh parsley just before serving, if desired.
Tips and Recipe Variations:
Can you freeze Turkey Noodle Soup?
Definitely! The soup freezes very nicely. Allow to cool to room temperature, divide into individual servings in airtight containers, and freeze for up to 3 months. I like to use these deli containers to easily freeze and stack my soups and sauces. You can also just put the soup in a large Ziploc bag and freeze it flat to save space.
- Make chicken noodle soup by swapping out the turkey with an equal amount of cooked, diced chicken. You can even buy the rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and throw some of that in the pot. I say take as many short-cuts as possible!
- Have a turkey carcass that you want to use? You can make your own turkey stock to use in this soup.
- Substitute other pasta for the egg noodles! You can use a small pasta like ditalini or a short pasta like bowties, too! Just be aware -- if you use a different shape pasta, the cooking time may vary slightly.
- Stir in extra water or broth, as desired, so that the soup reaches the desired consistency. It's a pretty thick soup (which we love)!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 170.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.2g | Protein: 18.7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 55.1mg | Sodium: 550.5mg | Potassium: 303.4mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 2.1g