Healthy Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfaits
A healthy breakfast or snack is ready in just 5 minutes with this easy Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfait!
Servings 1 person
- 1 (5.3 oz) container Greek-style plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons granola or other crunchy cereal of choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- Cinnamon, to taste
Place diced apple in a microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cover, and microwave on high until apple reaches desired softness (approximately 1-2 minutes). Allow apple to cool for a few minutes before assembling the parfait.
Sprinkle yogurt with a small amount of cinnamon and stir to combine.
Place half of the yogurt in the bottom of a glass or bowl. Top with half of the cooked apple, 1 tablespoon of granola, and 1 tablespoon of pecans. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
For a Make Ahead Parfait:
If you want to prepare the yogurt parfait in advance, I suggest that you leave the granola and pecans in a separate bag or container. Just layer the yogurt and apples, saving the granola and pecans to add on the top when you're ready to eat. This prevents the granola and nuts from getting soggy as the parfait sits in the refrigerator.
- This is a method that can be adapted to suit any taste. You can use your favorite in-season fruit, including fresh berries, peaches, or plums. If using berries or peaches, you don't even need to microwave them before layering your parfait.
- Try different flavors of yogurt! There are so many options right now, so feel free to play around with an apple cinnamon or maple-flavored yogurt, for example.
- Mix up the crunchy toppings! Try toasted walnuts, peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, or even pistachios. If you don't want to use granola, pick your favorite crunchy cereal or go with crushed graham crackers or cookies.
Serving: 1parfait | Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 1.6mg