"Crack Snack" 4-Ingredient Snack Mix
The ultimate crowd-pleasing party food, this "Crack Snack" is a 4-ingredient sweet and salty snack mix recipe that earned its name for a reason!
Servings 14 cups
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) box Crispix cereal (about 12 cups)
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans (6 ounces)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an extra large baking sheet (or two smaller baking sheets) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Spread cereal and pecans on prepared baking sheets. Set aside.
Mix butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.
Boil for two minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour caramel mixture over cereal and nuts; toss to coat.
Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
Allow to cool, breaking apart any large clumps with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Mix it up and use peanuts or almonds instead of the pecans.
- Make it a Chex Mix by swapping out the Crispix and using a combination of different Chex cereals instead (such as Rice Chex, Corn Chex and Wheat Chex).
- Use salted butter for this party mix recipe, which gives the dish a great sweet and salty flavor combination!
- As the mix starts to cool, use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up some of the larger clumps.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or package in cute bags or boxes and deliver to family, friends, and teachers for homemade holiday gifts!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 357.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22.5g | Saturated Fat: 9.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.7g | Cholesterol: 35.4mg | Sodium: 279.7mg | Potassium: 142.9mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 18.9g