Crispy Seasoned Oven Roasted Potatoes
These Seasoned Oven Roasted Potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and perfectly flavored with herbs and spices for an easy side dish any night of the week!
Servings 6 people
- 24 ounce package petite red potatoes halved or quartered
- 1 (0.7 ounce) packet Italian dressing mix (just the dry seasoning, NOT prepared)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Place halved or quartered potatoes in a large zip-top plastic bag.
In a small bowl, whisk together dry Italian dressing mix, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Pour oil mixture into zip-top bag, seal shut, and gently toss to coat potatoes.
Spread potatoes onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring with a spatula about every 10-15 minutes. Potatoes are done when they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Can oven roasted potatoes be frozen?
I do NOT recommend freezing these potatoes before baking. Frozen potatoes can have a grainy, "off" texture when they're later baked.
If you have leftover roasted potatoes that you would like to freeze and enjoy later, you can keep them wrapped tightly in your freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat frozen oven roasted potatoes, spread the frozen potatoes on a baking sheet and re-roast in a 400-degree F oven until warmed through and crispy again (about 10-15 minutes).
COOK'S TIPS AND RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- Do NOT prepare the Italian salad dressing according to the package instructions -- simply use the packet of dry seasoning and whisk it together with the other ingredients.
- For a variation on the herb seasoned potatoes, try using a packet of Ranch dressing mix instead of the Italian dressing mix.
- Be sure to stir the potatoes every 10-15 minutes to be sure that they brown evenly.
- Don't have baby red potatoes? You can substitute with Yukon gold potatoes instead. Just make sure that they're diced into bite-sized pieces as well.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (such as chopped parsley) for a bright, flavorful finishing touch.
Serving: 1/6 of the potatoes | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.9mg