Easy and fast, these Pizza Quesadillas are a healthy dinner that's ready in just 15 minutes! A kid favorite, the "pizzadillas" can be customized for each individual diner -- with just 3 basic ingredients!
Servings 1 quesadilla
- 1 flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional additional ingredients: grated Parmesan cheese, sliced pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, sausage, or any other pizza toppings of your choice
- For dipping: warm marinara sauce
Preheat a flat griddle or a large skillet over medium heat.
Spread marinara sauce on half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese, and any other toppings of your choice. Add another layer of mozzarella over toppings.
Fold tortilla over.
Spray griddle with cooking spray and cook quesadilla for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to a cutting board and allow the quesadilla to cool for a few minutes. Cut into triangles and serve.
- Delicious extras to add to your pizza quesadillas: pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, sliced chicken, chopped ham, olives, and sautéed vegetables such as peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- Make healthy pizza quesadillas by using wholegrain tortillas, reduced fat cheese, and plenty of fresh vegetables!
- Prepare vegetarian pizza quesadillas by omitting the pepperoni, sausage, and other meats. Stuff plenty of sautéed veggies into the quesadillas so that they're satisfying and flavorful, or keep it simple with just cheese.
- Make pepperoni pizza quesadillas (as shown here) using a few slices of pepperoni and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese!
- This recipe yields one quesadilla, but you can easily double, triple, or quadruple the ingredients to feed a family.
- Use at least two different types of cheese for the best flavor. We love a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Try cooking with kids! This is an easy way to let your little ones help in the kitchen. Allow the children to assemble their own quesadillas by adding the toppings of their choice.
Serving: 1quesadilla (not including optional toppings) | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 331mg | Iron: 1.6mg