Two dinnertime favorites come together in one dish for this Mexican twist on the classic mac and cheese -- an easy Taco Pasta!
Servings 4 - 6 servings
- 2 cups (about 5.3 ounces) uncooked medium shells pasta
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, NOT diluted
- 8 ounces diced Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the taco sauce, soup, and Velveeta cheese; heat through.
Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in x 7-in baking dish.
Sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Make chicken taco pasta by substituting ground chicken in this recipe or by using shredded chicken from a store-bought rotisserie chicken
- If you don't have shells pasta, you can substitute with another similar short pasta shape -- such as penne!
- Prep ahead! Assemble this casserole in advance and keep it in the refrigerator overnight or wrapped tightly in the freezer until ready to bake. You can freeze the casserole before baking for up to three months.
- Cooking just for two? Cut all of the ingredients in half and bake the pasta in a small (about 1 quart) casserole dish. The rest of the instructions remain the same.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 28.6g | Fat: 28.4g | Saturated Fat: 13.7g | Cholesterol: 97.5mg | Sodium: 1654mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 3.5g