Balsamic Slow Cooker Roast Beef
Looking for an easy chuck roast recipe? This Balsamic Slow Cooker Roast Beef only requires about 5 minutes of hands-on time, and then the Crock Pot does the work!
Servings 8 people
- 1 ½ - 2 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
Season both sides of the chuck roast liberally with salt and pepper.
Place roast directly into the slow cooker; OR you can brown the roast in a skillet for added color and flavor before it goes into the slow cooker. If you choose to brown the roast first, heat about 2 T olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add roast to the hot oil and sear until dark brown on each side (about 2-5 minutes per side). Then transfer the roast to the slow cooker.
In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over beef.
Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove beef from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Slice against the grain, or use two forks to pull apart beef. Return meat to slow cooker and toss with sauce in the pot.
Spoon meat and sauce onto sandwich rolls, serve over mashed potatoes, or just enjoy on a plate with your favorite roasted vegetables!
Have leftovers? This beef freezes well! To reheat, thaw beef and sauce in the refrigerator overnight. Place the meat and sauce in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until warm.
- Enjoy the roast beef with mashed potatoes, rice, egg noodles, oven-roasted potatoes or vegetables, salad, or potato salad.
- Make roast beef sandwiches by serving the meat on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and melted Swiss cheese.
- Use shredded roast beef in tacos or tucked inside Steak and Cheese Quesadillas.
- Have the shredded beef on top of a salad with plenty of fresh vegetables and your favorite dressing.
- Turn it into brunch! Steak and eggs are delicious with toasted thick, crusty bread.
Serving: 1/8 of the beef and sauce | Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 342mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2.1mg