A comforting bowl of marinara soup comes together in only 20 minutes for a quick and easy vegetarian dinner.
Servings 8 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup uncooked small pasta I used mini wagon wheels, but something like elbow macaroni would also work well
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and sauté until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, beans, uncooked pasta, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Sodium: 736.8mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 4.3g