Slow Cooker Southern Green Beans
These slow cooker green beans are super easy to make and are packed with delicious flavors from bacon, onion and brown sugar!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup diced onion I used frozen diced onion as a shortcut
- 5 slices Canadian bacon diced (or you can use 5 slices of regular bacon, diced)
- 48 ounces frozen French-style green beans (see note below for fresh green beans) about 15 cups
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup butter 5 tablespoons total
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Add bacon and onion to the skillet and sautee until onion is tender and bacon is starting to brown.
Transfer bacon and onion to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add frozen green beans to the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup melted butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over green beans.
Toss to coat the green bean mixture with the sauce.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or on HIGH for 1-2 hours.
Cooking for a Smaller Family? Use a small 3-quart slow cooker and cut the ingredients in half. The cooking instructions remain the same.
Using fresh green beans instead? I suggest cooking fresh green beans on LOW for 4-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 118.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.5g | Protein: 3.6g | Fat: 5.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 18.6mg | Sodium: 348.6mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 7.1g