3-Ingredient Microwave Fudge
This 5-minute recipe for 3-Ingredient Microwave Fudge is so creamy, delicious, and versatile! I've prepared an eggnog fudge here, but you can use the base recipe for any flavor that you choose -- and it makes a great edible homemade Christmas gift!
Servings 36 pieces
- 3 cups (18 ounces) chocolate chips I used white chocolate chips, but any flavor will work
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg optional
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract optional
- Optional mix-in's: ½ cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans; sprinkles; cinnamon chips
Spray an 8-inch square dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring every 30-60 seconds, just until the chocolate mixture is melted and completely combined.
Stir in any mix-in's, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, rum extract, and sprinkles. Transfer chocolate mixture to prepared dish. Add sprinkles on top, if desired.
Refrigerate until set and completely cool. Slice into squares and enjoy!
COOK'S TIPS AND RECIPE VARIATIONS:
How long does microwave fudge last?
In general, microwave fudge that is kept in an airtight container at room temperature will last for one to two weeks. Refrigerating fudge can extend its shelf life to two to three weeks.
Can you freeze microwave fudge?
Yes! You can freeze microwave fudge that is made with condensed milk. To do so, wrap the fudge in airtight plastic wrap. Next, wrap the fudge in aluminum foil, and store in a large freezer bag. You can wrap up individual squares so that it's easy to grab one or two when a craving strikes!
- Stir chocolate mixture every 30-60 seconds when microwaving.
- Use any flavor chocolate chip that you prefer: white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or semi-sweet chocolate chips;
- Add any mix-in's to the fudge after the chocolate mixture is melted in the microwave. Good options include chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, sprinkles, or cinnamon chips;
- Allow the fudge to cool completely in the refrigerator before slicing.
Serving: 1square | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 40mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 0.2mg