Honey Lemon Fruit Salad Recipe
This fresh fruit salad with honey lemon dressing is a beautiful addition to any meal!
Servings 7 cups
For the Dressing:
- Zest from 2 lemons
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Salad:
- 1 lb. strawberries, sliced
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1 cup grapes, halved
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 3-5 minutes. Set aside and allow dressing to cool (about 25 minutes).
For the salad, gently toss together all of the fruit. Pour cooled dressing over the fruit, stir, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with additional lemon zest just before serving, if desired.
Can fruit salad be made ahead?
Yes! This salad can be prepared and dressed up to 24 hours in advance. The berries will start to break down as they sit in the dressing; however, so if you want the fruit to stay fresh longer, just wait to add the dressing until you're ready to serve.
How long does fruit salad last?
Once you add the dressing, the fruit salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
If you wait to add the dressing until you're ready to serve, the fruit will stay fresh for 3-5 days.
Can fruit salad be frozen?
I do NOT recommend freezing this fruit salad. When thawed, the berries will have a mushy texture.
How much fruit salad per person?
If serving a crowd, it's safe to assume at least 4 ounces of fruit salad per person. This recipe contains approximately 40 ounces of fruit, so it will serve about 10 people. Obviously, larger appetites will require larger servings!
Cook's Tips and Recipe Variations:
- This recipe is just a basic guide. You can use any combination of fruit that you like. Try adding melon balls, kiwi fruit, or sliced banana. Or just pick a couple of berries. You'll want a total of about 6-8 cups of fruit for this quantity of dressing.
- If you're feeding a larger crowd, double the ingredients! Prepare twice as much dressing and use about 14 cups of fruit!
- For a nice finishing touch, garnish the salad with extra lemon zest or fresh mint leaves just before serving.
- Want a canned fruit salad instead of a fresh fruit salad? Use about 7 cups of drained, canned fruit and toss with the honey lemon dressing.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.7mg