Baked Western Omelet
Like a crustless quiche, this Baked Western Omelet (or Denver Omelet) is a healthy and easy way to serve eggs to a crowd. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
Servings 4 - 6 servings
- 8 large eggs (or use 4 eggs and 6 egg whites)
- 1 cup whole milk or 2% milk (or sub with half-and-half or heavy cream)
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry's brand)
- 6 ounces (about ¾ cup) diced cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley or chives
Whisk together eggs, milk, and seasoned salt in a large bowl. Stir in ham, cheese, onion, and bell peppers.
Pour egg mixture into a greased 8-inch-square baking dish.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until eggs are cooked and the omelet is set.
Cut into squares and garnish with chives, if desired.
- Dice the onion and bell peppers into very fine pieces so that they soften in the oven. Alternatively, if you prefer softer vegetables in your omelet, sauté the onion and bell peppers in a skillet before adding them to the egg mixture.
- Use leftover ham (such as holiday extras from Easter or Christmas), or just purchase ham at the grocery store to use in this recipe. You can buy a ham steak and dice it yourself at home, or pick up a package of pre-diced ham and avoid the extra prep. Even sliced ham from the deli counter will work!
- Use whole milk or at least 2% milk for the best texture. You need some fat to make a good egg custard, so even half-and-half or heavy cream will work for a richer, more decadent dish.
- Don't skip the Lawry's seasoned salt. This single ingredient is an easy way to add tons of flavor to the omelet, since it includes a blend of seasonings like paprika, onion, and garlic. The omelet just doesn't taste quite as good without it!
Serving: 1/4 of the omelet | Calories: 307.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.8g | Protein: 27.3g | Fat: 18.1g | Saturated Fat: 7.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 411.9mg | Sodium: 1064.4mg | Potassium: 443.6mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 5.9g