A delicious and easy Bisquick Zucchini Pie that's perfect for lunch, dinner or a simple side dish!
Servings 6 - 8 servings
- 3 cups thinly-sliced zucchini
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup Bisquick (or other similar all-purpose baking mix)
- ½ cup oil (I recommend a neutral-tasting oil such as canola, vegetable or avocado)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into prepared dish.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- You do not need to squeeze the zucchini dry before using it in this recipe.
- Use a deep-dish pie plate for a really thick Zucchini Pie!
- A number of readers have said that this recipe works with less oil. I like to use the full ½ cup of oil to keep the pie nice and moist, but you can feel free to experiment with less fat. Let me know if you give it a try!
- Use a neutral oil that will not add flavor to the pie. I recommend either vegetable oil, canola oil or avocado oil.
- You can use the pre-grated Parmesan cheese that comes in a can, or you can shred your own cheese from a wedge of Parmesan. Either will work!
- Want a stronger cheese flavor? Use sharp cheddar (or another strong cheese) and feel free to increase the amount to 1 full cup.
- Serve the pie warm or at room temperature.
- Gluten-Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Bisquick (or another gluten-free baking mix) and make sure that your cheese and other ingredients are also certified gluten-free.
Serving: 1/8 of the pie | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 1mg