Fall Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Goddess Dressing
This Fall Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Goddess Dressing celebrates the bounty of the season in a beautiful combination of tastes and textures!
Servings 8 people
For the Pumpkin Goddess Dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt or sub with sour cream or mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup sour cream or additional plain Greek-style yogurt
- ⅓ cup pure pumpkin puree I used the canned version
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or about ¼ - ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
For the Salad:
- 1 acorn squash plus olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt for roasting*
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 pkg. 5-6 ounces mixed salad greens (you can use any blend that you prefer, but I like a mix that includes broccoli slaw, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, and chicory)
ROAST THE ACORN SQUASH:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Slice squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and slice horizontally into ½-inch thick rounds. Place sliced squash in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and salt, to taste. Toss squash to coat.
Bake squash at 400 degree F for approximately 20 minutes (or until tender and caramelized), flipping halfway through.
*can substitute with diced roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- Swap out the acorn squash with roasted butternut squash or sweet potatoes;
- Use toasted walnuts or roasted pumpkin seeds instead of the pecans;
- Omit the sliced apple and replace it with sliced pear;
- Use mayonnaise in lieu of the Greek yogurt for a creamier, less tangy dressing.
Serving: 1/8 of the salad and dressing | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2045IU | Vitamin C: 11.8mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 0.8mg