Ginger Champagne Cocktail
This Ginger Champagne Cocktail is a fun and festive drink for your Christmas party or New Year's Eve celebration!
Servings 5 people
For the Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
For the Cocktails:
- 1 bottle (750 mL) Champagne or other sparkling wine like Prosecco chilled
Prepare the Ginger Simple Syrup:
Place a fine mesh sieve over a small bowl and set aside.
In a small saucepan, boil ginger, sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg until syrupy (about 2-3 minutes), whisking regularly. Pour the syrup through the sieve and discard the solids.
Refrigerate the syrup in an airtight bottle or jar for up to 1 week.
To Prepare the Cocktails:
How much Champagne for a cocktail party?
This recipe yields about ⅓ cup of simple syrup, or enough for 5 drinks. A 750-mL bottle of Champagne fills 5 regular Champagne glasses.
Some guests will have a couple glasses and some will have none at all, so a good rule of thumb is to assume that (on average) you will need one glass of Champagne per guest.
Here's a quick chart that should help with your calculations:
As you can see, if you're hosting a cocktail party, you will need to double, triple (or more) your simple syrup in proportion with the number of bottles of Champagne that you are using. One recipe of the simple syrup is enough for 1 bottle of Champagne.
- 10 guests: 2 bottles of Champagne (and 2 recipes of ginger simple syrup)
- 20 guests: 4 bottles of Champagne (and 4 recipes of ginger simple syrup)
- 25 guests: 5 bottles of Champagne (and 5 recipes of ginger simple syrup)
- 30 guests: 6 bottles of Champagne (and 6 recipes of ginger simple syrup)
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 132mg | Sugar: 21g | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.6mg