Mom's Best Holiday Crab Dip Recipe
This easy crab dip recipe can be served hot or cold, and it only requires about 10 minutes of prep!
Servings 7 people
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 16 ounces jumbo lump or claw crabmeat drained
- Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature before you try to prepare this easy crab dip recipe. This will ensure that all of your ingredients blend smoothly together.
- To quickly bring cream cheese to room temperature, you can:
- Remove cream cheese from packaging, cut it into small cubes, and allow the cream cheese to sit out on a plate for 15-20 minutes; OR
- Remove cream cheese from packaging and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave in 10-second increments, flipping the cream cheese over after each 10-minute segment, for a total of about 30 seconds (or until the cream cheese softens). Be careful that you don't completely melt the cream cheese!
- Use an electric mixer instead of a simple whisk. The electric mixer makes the base of the crab dip nice and smooth.
- Use high-quality crab meat. My mom always splurged on jumbo lump crab meat for holidays! Sometimes I'm not able to find the pricey jumbo lump crab meat at my little rural grocery store, though. In that case, the refrigerated claw meat is a good substitute.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 191mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 0.6mg