Gingerbread Slow Cooker Oatmeal
A thick, creamy and delicious gingerbread slow cooker oatmeal that's perfect for the colder months.
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 2 cups uncooked steel cut oats don’t use quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats because they will get too mushy
- ½ teaspoon salt or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 8 cups water
- ¼ cup molasses can substitute with maple syrup, but it won’t have that true “gingerbread” taste, plus more for serving
- Optional toppings: whipped cream chopped toasted pecans, dried cranberries, raisins, Greek yogurt
Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir well. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- You can make this in advance, store in airtight containers, and reheat in the microwave as needed. If it seems a bit dry when you go to reheat it, just add some additional milk or water and you’ll be all set!
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2.9mg