Dump and Bake Tortellini Alfredo with Chicken
This Dump and Bake Tortellini Alfredo with Chicken and Veggies is an easy dinner recipe with just 5 minutes of prep! You don't even have to boil the pasta before it goes in the oven!
Servings 8 people
- 1 (19 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini (about 4.5 cups of frozen tortellini) DO NOT THAW
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce (I used 2 jars that were 15 ounces EACH)
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I used a blend of peas, carrots, corn and green beans) DO NOT THAW
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used reduced fat cheese, but any variety will work)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In the prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), whisk together frozen tortellini, Alfredo sauce, chicken broth (or water) and thyme. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake (covered) for 30 minutes. Remove dish from oven, stir. At this point, the pasta should be tender (or almost tender).
Stir in the chicken and the frozen mixed vegetables. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Return dish to the oven, NOT covered, for about 5-10 more minutes, or just until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted.
- Do NOT thaw the tortellini or the vegetables before adding them to your dish.
- I have NOT tested this recipe using fresh or refrigerated tortellini. It might work, but the fresh or refrigerated version will have a different cooking time and may not absorb as much liquid.
- I used a blend of mixed vegetables that included peas, carrots, corn and green beans. You can substitute with any of your family's favorite vegetables; however, please be aware that larger vegetables like broccoli florets will require a much longer cooking time (so just add them to your casserole at the beginning).
- I used leftover grilled chicken here, but you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or other store-bought pre-cooked chicken like Perdue Shortcuts or Tyson Grilled n' Ready.
- Looking for a lower sodium option? You can substitute with 3 cups of homemade Alfredo sauce so that you can control the amount of salt used in the sauce. The texture and flavor of the dish will be different, though.
- Cooking for a smaller family? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square pan. The rest of the instructions remain the same!
Serving: 1/8 of the casserole | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.3g | Protein: 19.6g | Fat: 10.3g | Saturated Fat: 6.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 69.1mg | Sodium: 800.8mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 4.5g