Skinny Southwestern Egg Rolls
These Skinny Southwestern Egg Rolls are so much healthier and super easy to make. You can indulge without the guilt, serve for dinner or as an appetizer.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup canned black beans drained
- 4 tablespoons salsa plus additional for dipping
- 16 teaspoons 1.33 ounces reduced-fat 4 Cheese Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 8 egg roll wraps I use Nasoya brand, which I find in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store near the vegetarian meats like tofu
- Garnish: sliced green onion
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up) and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together chicken, taco seasoning, corn, beans, and salsa.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper. Top with about 1 teaspoon of cheese.
Fold sides toward center and roll tightly. Tip: Keep the remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use. Place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray (this will help them turn golden brown and crispy in the oven).
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serving a crowd? This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled -- they go fast!
- Bake them instead of frying. A ton of fat and calories are reduced by doing this and they're still super crispy.
- Use low-fat cheese.
- Use a light cooking spray to grease a baking tray and spray the top of the egg rolls, this helps you control the amount of oil.
- Add extra veggies to the filling for more nutritional value.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 109mg | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 0.8mg