Easter Muddy Buddies - Bunny Chow
Muddy Buddies with an Easter twist. This sweet mix is packed full of mini marshmallows, colorful candy, and cute sprinkles.
Servings 24 (½-cup servings)
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used white chocolate chips, but milk or semi-sweet chocolate will also work well!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 cups crispy rice square cereal such as Rice Chex
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pastel-colored chocolate candies we used peanut M&M’s, but you’ll want to use regular chocolate mini eggs or plain M&M’s if you want to keep it nut-free
- ¼ cup pastel-colored sprinkles
Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute; stir until well blended and smooth.
Add vanilla and stir.
Place cereal in a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over top and toss to coat.
Once the cereal is coated and has cooled, place in a large zip-top bag. Add powdered sugar to the bag, seal, and gently toss until all of the cereal is coated in sugar.
Stir in marshmallows and chocolate candies. Store in an airtight container. Garnish with pastel-colored sprinkles just before serving.
- Use any kind of chocolate chips you like
- You can customize this mix with whatever candy you like, go for your favorite flavors and colors!
- This bunny chow will store well in a sealed container for up to one week.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 7.3mg