Salmon Cobb Salad with Light Avocado Dressing
A flavor packed healthy salmon cobb salad with avocado dressing ready in under 30 minutes. This salad is super light and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Servings 4 servings
FOR THE DRESSING (yields ¾ cup, nutrition information based on 2 tablespoons per serving):
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons water for thinning as necessary
FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 slices center-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ⅓ cup diced peeled avocado
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs chilled and quartered
- 1 ½ ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 4 Gorton's Signature Seasoned Salmon Fillets about 3.5 ounces each, cooked according to package instructions
For the salad:
Divide spinach and lettuce evenly among four serving bowls or plates. Top each salad with equal amounts of bacon, avocado, tomatoes, eggs, and blue cheese. Top each salad with a salmon fillet and about 2 tablespoons of dressing. Serve immediately.
- You can make this salad your own by adding any veggies you like
- Also, try using up leftover grilled or roasted vegetables
- The dressing will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days but the avocado may oxidize.
- The salmon can be cooked in advance and kept in the fridge.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the salmon and cook for the time stated on the package to avoid overcooking, it doesn't take long
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 602mg | Potassium: 1601mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7575IU | Vitamin C: 23.1mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 3.5mg