A delicious and easy tomato pie that's great for lunches, snacks or picnics
Servings 8 servings
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup baking mix such as Bisquick*
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese I use the powdered kind in the can
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 3 cups thinly-sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
Place oil, eggs, baking mix, Parmesan, Cheddar, and onion in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Gently fold in tomatoes. Pour into prepared dish.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
*I like THIS organic all-purpose pancake/waffle mix that’s made by The Immaculate Baking Company. You can also make your own all-purpose mix by using a recipe like this one.
Variations For Making This Tomato Pie
- Use any type of fresh tomatoes for this pie
- Try adding green onions (spring onions) or chives for a stronger onion flavor
- Add spices and herbs such as red pepper flakes or oregano
- Mozzarella or any good melting cheese such as gruyere would also work great
- Add cooked bacon or ham
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 211mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 515IU | Vitamin C: 13.8mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1.3mg