Garlic and Herb Shrimp Pasta
A healthy and simple garlic shrimp pasta filled with fresh lemon, tomatoes, and herbs. Quick, easy and delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile drizzle olive oil in a glass baking pan and sprinkle with lemon zest, basil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
Remove pan from oven, add butter, and let it melt. Stir in shrimp and garlic and toss to coat.
Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes, or just until shrimp start to turn pink. Stir in tomatoes, bake for an additional 1-3 minutes (or until tomatoes start to soften and shrimp are completely pink).
Serve shrimp mixture over pasta and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Stir in additional olive oil and lemon juice, as necessary.
- Buy good quality shrimp some cheaper varieties can be full of water which will dilute the taste of this dish
- To speed things up buy shrimp that are already peeled and deveined from your fishmonger or supermarket
- As with the shrimp try to use the highest quality ingredients throughout this meal from the tomatoes to lemon for best results. When flavors are simple they need to be high quality
- You can swap regular spaghetti for whole grain to add extra nutritional benefits just remember that whole grain pasta takes slightly longer to cook
- Keep an eye on your timings, shrimp cook fast and when they are overcooked they become hard and rubbery.
- Leftovers can be eaten the next day as a cold pasta salad, keep refrigerated.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 300mg | Sodium: 1234mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 26.1mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 4mg