Chicken and Bacon Ranch Mason Jar Salads
These chicken and bacon ranch mason jar salads are a perfect grab and go lunch that you can make in advance for the week.
Servings 4 servings
- ¾ cup Ranch dressing I used a yogurt-based store-bought version, but homemade or any other favorite version will work
- 9 ounces cooked diced chicken
- 8 slices bacon cooked and coarsely chopped (about 37 grams)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce or other mixed greens plus additional as needed
- 4 quart-size wide-mouth mason jars
Place a few tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
Divide remaining ingredients among the jars, layering in the following order: chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, lettuce. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate until ready to serve.
** The trick to keeping everything fresh (without browning on the avocado) is to pack the jar as tightly as possible. Keep adding lettuce to the top and really pack it down until you absolutely cannot squeeze any more inside! Then seal the lid!
Variations and Tips For Making These Chicken and Bacon Mason Jars
- Although I love this combo you can also switch it up with what ever you have in your fridge
- Try grape/cherry tomatoes....especially good when in season
- A crispy croutons in there (add them last)
- Add a little arugula for a peppery kick
- Add mozzarella or other cheeses you have in your fridge
- Bell peppers
- carrots would work well and give a nice crunch
- Always remember to add the dressing first followed by ingredients that won't wilt or go soggy such as cheese, chicken and bacon
- Always add the salad leave or any croutons last
Calories: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 1826mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4485IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 246mg | Iron: 2.3mg