Margarita Chicken Kabobs
Healthy, delicious and tastes like a party in your mouth these Margarita Chicken Kabobs are a fun way to switch up Summer grilling!
Servings 4 servings
For the Marinade (serving size is approximately 2 tablespoons):
- ½ c. olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
For the Kabobs:
- Approximately 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into 1-inch cubes
Pre-soak wooden kabob skewers in water for a few hours before grilling.
Place chicken chunks in a large Ziploc bag. Place chopped vegetables in a separate large Ziploc bag. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into the bag with the chicken and the other half of the marinade into the bag with the vegetables. Toss to coat everything in the marinade and then place bags in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Alternate threading chicken and vegetables on skewers. Discard any extra marinade. Grill kabobs over medium-high heat (on an outdoor grill or on an indoor grill pan) until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes), turning kabobs as they cook.
- Always presoak wooden kabob skewers before cooking (whatever method you use) otherwise they will burn
- Use boneless chicken breasts and cut them into even sized cubes so they cook evenly and at the same time
- Cut the veggies to the same size for even cooking
- The alcohol can be omitted altogether but remember the taste will change. Note: Alcohol is burnt off during cooking.
- Have leftovers? This chicken would make a great salad or try adding to pasta.
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1364mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 125.2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.2mg