Marinated Shrimp and Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
These fresh, healthy marinated shrimp and summer vegetable quinoa bowls are ready in just 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
For the Quinoa:
- 2 cups vegetable broth chicken broth, or water
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For The Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 batch of Marinated Grilled Shrimp or Honey Lime Grilled Shrimp; (or substitute with an 11 ounce package SeaPak Lighthouse Selections Marinated Shrimp)
- 1 medium zucchini chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 avocado diced
- Extra lime juice for garnish
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Prepare the Quinoa:
In a large pot, bring broth (or water) and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat, keep the pot covered, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper (to taste).
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare shrimp according to recipe (or package) instructions.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and corn for 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are just crisp-tender (but not mushy). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cooking just for two? Cut the ingredients in half! The rest of the cooking instructions remain the same.
- Cook the quinoa in broth instead of water for extra flavor
- You can add any veggies you prefer
- Try brown rice instead of quinoa
- Make this in advance and take on picnics, work lunches or serve at barbecues
- I've offered a few different shrimp options here, but you can substitute with any cooked shrimp that you prefer.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe (if using SeaPak shrimp) | Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 1164mg | Potassium: 920mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 66.4mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 4.6mg