One Skillet Peach Glazed Chicken
This peach glazed chicken is a healthy and delicious dinner that takes only 5 minutes to prepare and is made all in one skillet.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar or can substitute with brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard I used one teaspoon each of wholegrain mustard and smooth Dijon
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- 3 medium ripe peaches pitted and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Do not clean out the skillet, but add another 1 ½ teaspoons oil. Add onion and rosemary; cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the skillet as you stir. Add coconut palm sugar, vinegar, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt, and peaches; cook 12 minutes or until peaches are softened.
Return chicken to the skillet and heat just until warm, spooning sauce over the meat.
Serve chicken thighs with peach sauce.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.7mg