Dump-and-Bake Cider Glazed Chicken
A simple and flavorful meal made with cider glazed chicken and delicious fresh herbs. Serve with creamy mash or roast potatoes for a filling meal the whole family will love!
Servings 6 servings
- 24 ounces (about 6 small) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¾ cup spicy brown mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Spray a large baking dish (I used a deep 11 x 7-inch dish) with cooking spray.
In a large measuring cup or directly in the dish, whisk together cider, mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, and oil until completely combined.
Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
Place chicken in the dish with the sauce and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated. Place sprigs of fresh herbs in the dish (tucked alongside the chicken).
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. If you’re using larger chicken breasts you will need to extend the cooking time to 30-40 minutes.
Be sure to spoon plenty of the delicious sauce over the chicken before serving!
- Use boneless chicken breasts to speed up the cooking time
- Bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking otherwise the meat might be tough
- Make sure the chicken is fully coated in the sauce before cooking
- If you are unsure if the chicken is cooked all the way through try using a meat thermometer, it needs to be 165F in the center to be cooked through
- If you use larger chicken breasts extend the cooking time to 30-40 minutes and check the temperature if unsure.
Serving: 1/6 of the chicken and sauce | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.9mg