Easy Slow Cooker Recipes: Slow Cooker Ravioli Casserole
A super easy and comforting slow cooker ravioli casserole made with ground beef and cheese ravioli. All made in the slow cooker.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 24 ounce package frozen cheese ravioli, uncooked (you do NOT need to thaw the ravioli before placing it in the slow cooker)*
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef can substitute with ground turkey or chicken
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 6 ounce package Horizon Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: chopped fresh basil for garnish
In a large skillet, sauté beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper and drain any fat from the skillet.
Spray a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of marinara into the bottom of the prepared pot.
Top marinara with half of the ravioli, half of the cooked meat mixture, and half of the mozzarella. Add another layer of the remaining sauce, and top with the rest of the ravioli, the rest of the meat, and the rest of the mozzarella.
Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil before serving.
- *I used “mini” ravioli because they’re easier for the kids to eat. If you choose to use large ravioli, you may need to increase the cooking time by about 30 minutes.
- The ravioli is frozen and you do not have to thaw it our before adding to the slow cooker.
- You can cook this ravioli casserole on high or low depending on when you need it.
- Store leftovers in a suitable container in the fridge.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1057mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 11.2mg