Chili Crescent Roll Bake
This cozy dinner is ready on only 30 minutes made with a hearty and delicious beef chili and a cheesy cheddar crescent roll crust.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef I used 96% extra lean
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 ½ cups taco sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray a 2-quart (about 8-inch x 12-inch) baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until beef is no longer pink (about 6-8 minutes), breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon as you stir.
Drain off any excess fat in the pan.
Stir taco sauce, corn, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper into the skillet with the beef and onion. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
Unroll the sheet of dough (if using crescent rolls, press perforations to seal). Place dough on top of meat mixture. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and crust is golden brown.
- Add more chili to your liking for a spicy kick (fresh or dried)
- You can make the chili in advance and freeze it or store in the fridge
- You can swap the frozen corn for carrots or peas
- Instead of beef, you could use lean turkey or chicken
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1416mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1385IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 3.8mg