Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
A super easy and delicious chicken chili that takes only 10 minutes to prep and simmers away all day to make weeknight dinners effortless!
Servings 10 (1-cup servings)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you can also use breasts if you prefer)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sliced green onion, sour cream
FOR FREEZER MEAL OPTION:
Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top freezer bag. Freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Empty ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Just before serving, dice or shred the chicken. Garnish with optional toppings and serve.
This convenient chili recipe is a great prep-ahead freezer meal option.
Serve the chili with tortilla chips and salsa, or with cornbread.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1003mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1490IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg