Dump and Bake Taco Casserole
A delicious, cozy and comforting taco casserole made with only 10 minutes prep and simple ingredients. It couldn't be easier to get dinner on the table!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups taco sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 24 bite-sized frozen turkey meatballs about 340 grams, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz) Cheddar cheese shredded
- Optional toppings: sliced green onion diced avocado, sliced tomatoes, sliced olives
Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Stir taco sauce, water, tomatoes, taco seasoning and rice together in prepared dish. Add meatballs and ½ cup cheese; stir to combine.
Cover the baking dish tightly with foil (make sure it’s very tightly sealed so that the moisture doesn’t escape – the rice needs the liquid to cook).
Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the rice is tender. During the final 5 minutes of cooking, remove dish from oven, uncover, and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Place back in the oven (uncovered) for the final 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with desired toppings before serving.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 771mg | Potassium: 434mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 1.4mg