Dump-and-Bake Smothered Chicken with Bacon
You only need 5 minutes prep and 5 ingredients to make this delicious and comforting smothered chicken with bacon. All made in one dish, it couldn't be easier!
Servings 4 servings
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 2 large breasts thinly sliced, about 24 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon Ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix (just the dry seasoning)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar (about 1 ¾ cups) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 4 slices cooked, chopped bacon*
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley or chives for garnish
Preheat the oven the 375F (190C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Place chicken in prepared dish and sprinkle both sides of the meat with Ranch seasoning mix.
Pour Alfredo sauce over top of the meat, toss to coat, and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from the oven; top with cheese slices, breaking the cheese to fit on each piece of meat. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and return the dish to the oven (uncovered) for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
If desired, garnish with fresh herbs just before serving.
*I prepare my bacon ahead of time by baking in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 13 minutes. You can also use the microwave or just take a shortcut and buy the precooked bacon at the grocery store, crumbling it with your fingers as you sprinkle it over the chicken (that saves a step and doesn’t require any dirty dishes)!
- Cooking for Two? You can easily cut this recipe in half and bake it in an 8-inch square dish.
- Want to Prep Ahead? You can add all of the ingredients to the dish, cover, and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 1377mg | Potassium: 656mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 0.7mg