5-Ingredient Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
A delicious, easy and healthy Parmesan Crusted Tilapia made with only 5 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Minced fresh parsley, for serving
Preheat oven to BROIL on HIGH and place a rack about 5-6 inches from the broiler unit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
Pat tilapia dry and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Combine melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush the butter mixture on both sides of the fish.
Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet, bottom side UP, and broil for 5 minutes. Flip the fish over, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to the broiler for 5-6 more minutes. The fish will flake easily with a fork when it’s done.
Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
- Starting with frozen tilapia? Thaw the fish in the refrigerator overnight. Pat dry with paper towels and use in the recipe as instructed.
- If you like the flavor of Old Bay seasoning, you can add a dash of Old Bay to the melted butter mixture and then brush it on the fish.
- Serving Sizes: This recipe yields four very large servings. If you're cooking for two, or if you have smaller appetites to feed, I would suggest using only two or three tilapia fillets.
Serving: 18 ounce fillet | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 559mg | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1.2mg