3-Ingredient Strawberry Chocolate Dump Cake
Make dessert quick, easy, and incredibly delicious with a 3-Ingredient Strawberry Chocolate Dump Cake for Two that's ready for the oven in just 5 minutes! The perfect Valentine's Day treat!
Servings 2 people
- ½ cup strawberry pie filling
- ½ cup dry chocolate cake mix (just the dry mix)
- 2 tablespoons butter sliced into thin squares
- Optional for serving: vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray two ramekins, large mugs, or oven-safe bowls with cooking spray.
Place ¼ cup of strawberry pie filling in each ramekin. Sprinkle ¼ cup dry cake mix over pie filling in each ramekin. Divide butter over top of the cake mix in each ramekin, trying to cover as much of the cake mix as possible.
Place ramekins on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until cooked through and bubbly).
- Want a Single-Serve Option? Want to Serve Four? You can scale the ingredients for as many servings as you need. Cut the ingredients in half for one cake, or double them for four cakes.
- Want to Prepare a Full-Size Cake to Serve a Crowd? Use an entire 21-ounce can of pie filling, an entire 15.25 ounce box of cake mix, and a full stick of butter. Bake the cake in a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Make sure that you slice the butter into very thin pieces so that you have enough squares to cover the entire cake. You don’t want any larger gaps between the butter squares because you want the butter to melt and cover all of the cake mix.
- You’ve just got to serve this dump cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top! The cool creamy contrast with the warm cake is to-die-for!
- Make a Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake by using a cherry pie filling instead of the strawberry filling.
- Substitute your favorite flavor of pie filling for the strawberry flavor. Instead of a cherry dump cake, try a Blueberry Dump Cake! Apple pie filling with a spice cake topping would also be divine!
- Don't love chocolate? Make a vanilla dump cake by using yellow cake mix instead of chocolate cake mix!
Serving: 1cake | Calories: 295.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.3g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 12.8g | Saturated Fat: 8.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 31.1mg | Sodium: 325.8mg | Potassium: 3.7mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 26.4g