Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
With only 15 minutes of prep, this Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is an easy dinner any night of the week!
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb. ground beef I used 96% lean
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs I used Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces EACH) condensed cream of mushroom soup (NOT diluted) (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus gravy mix (such as McCormick brand)
- ¾ cup water
In a large bowl, gently use your hands to mix together ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs, and milk.
Shape meat into 4 patties.
Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties for about 3 minutes per side, or just until browned (but not cooked through).
Place onions and mushrooms in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Place patties on top.
In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed soup, dry au jus mix, and water. Pour sauce into the slow cooker.
Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
To Prepare the Salisbury Steak in the Oven: This dish can be prepared in a casserole dish in the oven, instead of in a slow cooker. Just place the ingredients in the casserole dish, cover, and bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour.
Cooking for Just Two? You can cut the Salisbury Steak recipe in half and prepare 2 patties with half as much gravy. Since ground beef is often sold in 1-lb. packages, freeze the remaining ½-lb. of meat and use it for a later meal.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak:
- While it won't quite taste the same, this recipe will also work with ground chicken or ground turkey.
- For a fun twist, try shaping the beef mixture into round balls to make Salisbury Steak meatballs! The rest of the cooking instructions remain the same.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 272.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.9g | Protein: 28.2g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 831.9mg | Potassium: 765.3mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 4.7g