Dump-and-Bake Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole
This dump and bake Kentucky hot brown casserole is made with simple ingredients and tastes incredible. You don't even need to boil the pasta!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 16 ounce package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 22 ounce jar Alfredo sauce (about 2 ½ cups)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced roasted turkey or can substitute with cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1 cup cooked diced bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh chopped herbs such as basil, oregano, and parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
In a large 13 x 9-inch baking dish, stir together uncooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, turkey, garlic, tomatoes, and bacon. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
Once pasta is al dente, sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan over the top. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Garnish with fresh chopped herbs, if desired.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 735mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 5.2mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 2mg