Dorito Chicken Casserole
Cheesy, creamy, crunchy, and zesty -- this Dorito Chicken Casserole is an easy dinner recipe that's ready for the oven in just 10 minutes!
Servings 4 - 6 people
- 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup, not diluted (or sub with a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup)
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (such as Ro-Tel or Red Gold brand)
- 1 (8.75 oz) can corn, drained
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese, Colby Jack cheese, cheddar Jack cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (9.25 oz) bag Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread half of the crushed chips in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
In a large bowl, stir together chicken, condensed soup, tomatoes and green chilies, corn, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
Spread the chicken mixture on top of the chips in the dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Cover the dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the cover, sprinkle remaining crushed Doritos over top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for 5-7 more minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- I typically use a rotisserie chicken, leftover cooked chicken from a previous meal, or store-bought cooked chicken (like Tyson Grilled and Ready) for a shortcut. If you prefer, you can cook your own chicken breast to use in this recipe. You'll need about 2 lbs. of raw boneless skinless chicken breasts to equal 4 cups of cooked, diced chicken. Boil the chicken until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes). When cool enough to handle, shred with two forks or dice into bite-sized pieces.
- While this dish is not spicy, the diced tomatoes with green chilies do have a little bit of "kick." If you prefer a mild casserole, substitute with a can of regular petite-diced tomatoes.
- Tortilla Chips Casserole: Skip the Doritos and use plain tortilla chips of your choice. It will still be delicious!
- Chicken Dorito Pie Recipe: Instead of baking the casserole in a square dish, use a round 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Serving: 1/6 of the casserole | Calories: 485.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.1g | Protein: 30.3g | Fat: 24.4g | Saturated Fat: 8.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 78.2mg | Sodium: 1276.9mg | Potassium: 261.8mg | Fiber: 2.9g | Sugar: 3.4g