This Mason Jar Spinach Salad recipe is easy to assemble in advance, it's portable, and it's packed with a variety of flavors and textures. Perfect for meal prep, too!
How long does a salad in a jar last?
Layered properly, these salads will last for at least 5 days in the refrigerator.
Be sure to pack the jars tightly, though! You want to squeeze as much spinach into the top of the jar as possible before sealing the lid, because you don’t want any air in there. Eliminating the vegetables’ exposure to air will help the salad stay fresh longer.
Tips and Recipe Variations:
- This is a flexible "method" for creating mason jar salads, so feel free to pick your favorite ingredients. For instance, try adding avocado or sliced pears to your spinach salads. Strawberries are always a nice addition, and so are mandarin oranges.
- Make an autumnal spinach salad with dried cranberries, diced apples and toasted pecans!
- For an extra boost of protein, try adding some sliced, grilled chicken to your spinach salads. It can be layered next to the bacon.
- Add cheese! Crumbled blue cheese, feta cheese, or goat cheese would all work well.
- For a shortcut, pick your favorite store-bought bottled salad dressing instead of making your own.