Easy Pizza Dip
Need a crowd-pleasing appetizer, a potluck dish, or just a family-friendly dinner? This Easy Pizza Dip recipe is the perfect solution!
Servings 8 people
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup mini pepperoni or chopped pepperoni
- For serving: bagel chips; pita chips; tortilla chips; sliced baguette rounds
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown sausage, mushrooms, and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Parmesan, and 1 cup mozzarella. Spread ½ of the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Top first layer of cream cheese with ½ of the marinara sauce.
Top the marinara with ½ of the sausage mixture. Sprinkle ½ of the pepperoni on top.
Top with an additional 1 cup of mozzarella and additional pepperoni, if desired.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- For convenience, look for bulk Italian sausage. This way you don't have to remove the casings from the sausage on your own.
- For another shortcut, look for a container of sliced mushrooms and use frozen pre-diced onion. You won't even have to pull out your cutting board!
- I prefer mini pepperoni, since I don't have to chop it before adding it to the dip. You can substitute with chopped pepperoni or turkey pepperoni as well.
- Bake the dip on top of a baking sheet in case any bubbles over. This makes cleanup easy.
- Use full-fat block-style cream cheese for the best texture.
Serving: 1/8 of the dip | Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1954mg | Potassium: 747mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 7.5mg