This healthy version of a Starbucks favorite combines the rich, decadent flavors of chocolate and coffee with a hint of sweet and salty caramel. Low calorie, low sugar, and high protein, my Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Shake is the perfect on-the-go healthy breakfast!
salted caramel mocha, salted caramel mocha frappuccino
Servings: 1 person
Calories: 100.9 kcal
unsweetened vanilla almond milk
or other milk of your choice
scoop chocolate protein powder
unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ - 2
Optional: whipped topping and/or salted caramel syrup for garnish
Add all ingredients to blender and combine! Garnish with whipped topping and salted caramel syrup, if desired.
For purposes of calculating nutrition information, I used my favorite IdealLean Chocolate Brownie Protein Powder (which has 80 calories per scoop). You can substitute with a different protein powder, but the nutrition information may vary.
Nutrition information does not include optional toppings.
COOK'S TIPS AND RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- If you’re preparing this healthy smoothie for kids, you can omit the protein powder and substitute with Greek yogurt. Since the protein powder adds not only thickness, but also flavor to the smoothie, you’ll want to use a sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt or use a plain Greek yogurt and add your own sweetener, to taste. You will also need an additional 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder for that chocolate taste. The taste and texture of the smoothie recipe with yogurt will not be quite the same as the protein powder version, but your family will still love it!
- Keep the healthy smoothie recipe low sugar by using unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a sugar free protein powder.
- I prefer whey protein for flavor and thickness in this smoothie, but if you prefer a plant-based breakfast, you can substitute with a vegan protein powder.
- You can find caramel extract in the baking aisle of most grocery stores (near the vanilla extract) or online here. Don't skip this ingredient -- it MAKES the shake!
Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Shake
Amount Per Serving (1 smoothie)
Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.4g3%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.