Dump and Bake Chicken Taco Casserole
This Dump and Bake Chicken Taco Casserole is an easy dinner recipe that bakes in one dish -- with almost no prep work!
Servings 6 people
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1.5 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (NOT diluted) I used Campbell's Healthy Request
- 1/2 cup milk I used nonfat, but any type will work
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For topping: sliced green onions, sliced black olives, diced avocado, sour cream, salsa, additional crushed chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
Place broken tortilla chips in the bottom of prepared dish. Top with chicken, green chilies, and frozen corn. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
In a small bowl, whisk together condensed soup and milk to form a cheese sauce. Spread sauce evenly over top of casserole.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil, sprinkle with tomatoes and shredded cheese, and return to oven (uncovered) for approximately 10-20 more minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted). The total cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of your meat.
Garnish with desired toppings and serve!
- Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and prepare the casserole in an 8-inch square baking dish. The cooking instructions remain the same.
- You can prep this casserole in advance and keep it covered in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
- Make sure to grease your baking dish to make sure nothing sticks or burns underneath.
- Feel free to add extra spices to the mix such as red pepper flakes for extra heat.
- You can add whatever toppings you like to this casserole, there are no limits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1/6 of the casserole | Calories: 438.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.9g | Protein: 35.9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 81.8mg | Sodium: 793.4mg | Potassium: 402.8mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 5.8g