Another family favorite dessert inspired by Aunt Bee’s classic recipe box, these 5-Ingredient No Bake Rocky Road Cookies are a delicious 10-minute treat to beat the heat! Loaded with chocolate, peanuts, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies, this is a simple and easy way to satisfy your taste for salty-and-sweet!
Score another win from Aunt Bee’s recipe cards! I’ve been eyeing these “Haystacks” ever since Aunt Bee tucked this little gem inside a handwritten note almost a year ago…just waiting for the perfect time to share it with all of you! Well, friends…today is your lucky day!
If you read her notes carefully, though, you will see that I’ve changed the recipe quite a bit. I’m sure that the original is delicious too, but I wanted to adapt her no-bake cookies to include some of my family’s personal favorites: Rice Krispies and salted peanuts. After all, you can’t go wrong by adding peanuts to a chocolate recipe…they’re a match made in heaven!
And let me tell you, my kids LOVE these cookies. And I love that I can stir them together in a bowl in about 10 minutes or less — actually, it’s probably more like 5 minutes — and then just plop them in mounds to refrigerate and set. No heating up the oven, no rolling out dough, no measuring flour. That’s IT!
So go ahead and pour a cold glass of milk and mix up a batch of these no-bake cookies. They’re a simple, easy, and delicious last-minute recipe that will make EVERYONE smile!
[Tweet “Salty-and-sweet No-Bake Rocky Road #Cookies are a 10-minute treat to beat the heat! #dessert”]
No Bake Rocky Road Cookies
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil I used coconut oil but canola oil would be a fine substitute
- 1 ½ cups crisp rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips and oil in the microwave until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds (it took my chocolate about 1 minute total).
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and gently toss until completely coated.
- Use a tablespoon measure to drop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet OR into lined mini muffin cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until chocolate is set and cookies are hard.
Looking for other delicious desserts? Try these favorites: