Are your kids as excited about Halloween as mine are? We made these fun snacks together as a way to start our celebrations early. The combination of marshmallow, chocolate, and cookies was a huge hit in my house (no surprise there!).
These Marshmallow Witches are very easy to put together and they’re a fun, festive decoration for your after-school snack tray. My little ones had fun helping with the assembly by sticking the Hershey’s Kisses on top of the witches’ hats and by rolling the marshmallows in the green witches’ “hair.” It was a little bit messy, but well worth the clean-up for the fun that we had!
The handy printable of ingredients and simple instructions is below:
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 jar vanilla cake frosting
- 1 bag miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Green food coloring
- Chocolate covered Oreo cookies or Halloween-themed Oreo cookies can also use chocolate wafer cookies
- Hershey’s kisses chocolates unwrapped
- Chocolate Hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- In a small bowl, combine coconut with green food coloring until the coconut is a light green tint. This will serve as the witches’ hair.
- Spread a thin layer of the vanilla frosting around the entire height of the marshmallow. Roll the sides and back of the marshmallow in the green coconut, leaving the front of the marshmallow free for the witch’s face.
- On each marshmallow, use two mini chocolate chips for eyes and one mini chocolate chip as a nose.
- To assemble the witches’ hats: Spread a small amount of nutella on the bottom of each unwrapped Hershey’s kiss. Place the kiss on the top center of a chocolate covered cookie. Place the hat on top of the witch’s marshmallow head, using some vanilla frosting as the “glue” to hold the hat on top.
Recipe inspired by www.TasteofHome.com
Have a happy, and very safe Halloween!!
Looking for other Halloween fun? Check out these previous posts: