The Halloween fun continues this week with a creepy, crawly sweet treat: Marshmallow Spiders! My boys love marshmallows, so I’m always looking for new or different ways to use the multiple bags that I keep in my pantry. In fact, I’ll share another Halloween-themed marshmallow treat with you next week, so don’t throw away your left-overs!
There’s no baking involved here – you just need to microwave some chocolate and then assemble your parts, which takes no time at all. These little spiders would make a nice addition to your Halloween party table, or even just a fun snack after school. My boys will eat them any time of day!
- 1 7 oz container Baker’s Dipping Chocolate (or chocolate chips will work as well)
- 12 large marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons orange decorating sugar
- 1 tube white icing for decorating cakes
- 24 miniature chocolate chips
- 24 small pretzel sticks broken in half
- Line a baking sheet or large tray with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave according to package instructions. One at a time, dip each marshmallow in chocolate until coated. Place marshmallows on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle tops with orange sugar.
- Place marshmallows in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate shell is completely set and hard.
- Once chocolate coating is set, remove one marshmallow from the baking sheet. Using the white icing as glue, stick 4 pretzel halves on each side of the bottom of the marshmallow. These are the spider’s legs.
- Put two dots of white icing on the top of the marshmallow. Place a miniature chocolate chip on each white dot to make the spider’s eyes.
- Repeat process for each of the remaining 11 marshmallows. Return marshmallows to refrigerator to allow white icing to set. Keep cold until ready to serve.
Looking for other Halloween fun? Check out these previous posts, and stay tuned all week!
Joining the What’s Shakin’ Link Party!
Joining the Pinworthy Projects Party!
Linking up here: