This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®. As always, all opinions are my own.
Give your friends and family a fright with these quick and easy Rice Krispies® Boo! Bars — a perfectly spooky Halloween food to serve at your next party!
If there’s one dessert that makes an appearance at almost every holiday in our house, it would definitely be Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats. In fact, they are my go-to option for all of our preschool functions because the bars only require about 10 minutes of prep and can be customized for any occasion. Seriously…just 3 simple ingredients can make a room full of children (and adults) unbelievably happy! What more could a busy mom ask for?!
In case you’ve forgotten, you can pull together a batch of these treats with just Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal,
a few tablespoons of butter, and a bag of marshmallows.
They’re so simple, in fact, that my boys can make them!
I had Casey help with pouring and measuring the cereal,
while big brother Gibbs was in charge of the marshmallows and the stirring.
Even 2-year-old Spence got involved!
After I poured the warm Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® mixture into a greased dish, I sprayed the boys’ hands with a little bit of cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and I put them to work. They made sure that the cereal was evenly pressed into the pan before we left it to cool.
In order to transform the standard Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats into “Spooktacular” Halloween food, we decided to create little ghosts with just a few simple additions to our bars.
I melted white chocolate in the microwave so that I could spread it on top of each treat. The chocolate hardens as it cools, so these snacks aren’t too messy for little hands (and they are easy to transport).
While the chocolate was still warm, Gibbs and Casey added candy eyes and I gave each ghost a mouth with a tube of black cake frosting.
That’s it! So quick, so easy, and so incredibly FUN! This batch did not last long in our house, and a few of the bars were even devoured before I could snap a photo!
Boo! Bars are a perfect Halloween food for a class party or for a neighborhood gathering with friends this season.
But we’re not just making sweet goodies, and this isn’t just Halloween food. With a few minutes in the kitchen, we’re creating family memories that will last a lifetime. And THAT, my friends, is what the holidays are all about!
If you’re looking for even more great ways to enjoy Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats, be sure to check out the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® website — there are plenty of other fun ideas!
[Tweet “Want easy Halloween food? Try these Rice Krispies Boo Bars! #recipe #RiceKrispies #ad”]
Rice Krispies® Boo! Bars
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces, about 40) KRAFT JET-PUFFED® Marshmallows OR 4 cups KRAFT Miniature Marshmallows
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate
- 36 candy eyeballs
- 1 tube black decorating frosting
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula, sprayed hands, or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 18 bars.
- In a shallow dish, melt chocolate in the microwave until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds (this should take about 1-2 minutes total).
- Spread melted chocolate onto each bar and place candy eyeballs on top. Allow chocolate to harden.
- Use black frosting to pipe on the ghosts’ mouths. Cover until ready to serve.
And if your family loves Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® as much as we do, you can follow the brand on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter — and share your favorite Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treat Hacks with the hashtag #RiceKrispies! The options are truly endless!