This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
Today’s easy snack idea is a single serving treat that only tastes like an indulgence. In about 2 minutes, you can relax, kick your feet up, and sink your teeth into these Greek Yogurt Lemon Berry Krispies, just bursting with healthy and fresh spring ingredients!
If you hadn’t noticed by now, I love to find quick and easy ways to jazz up some of my favorite store-bought items and make them my own. With just a couple of pantry staples and a little bit of creativity, I can usually pull together a delicious and nutritious treat in a matter of minutes. Today’s “recipe” is no exception! These Greek Yogurt Lemon Berry Krispies are a delicious way to treat yourself to a sweet treat as an afternoon pick-me-up or as an after-dinner dessert. They’re easy to pull together when you want something fast, and they’re packed with a variety of textures and fresh, zippy flavors that are perfect for the season!
I started with a box of individually-wrapped Rice Krispies Treats, which I picked up at my local Food Lion grocery store. They’re on the very bottom shelf on the same aisle as the cereal, cereal bars, and granola bars (and as you can see, they were even on sale. Score!).
I love the boxes of individually wrapped bars because I can fix a quick snack for myself if I have a quiet moment alone (yes, it does happen on rare occasions), or I can grab a couple of them and pull together an assembly-line of goodies for my hungry little helpers. Best of all, since each bar contains just 90 calories, I can pull together this sweet indulgence for a total of less than 120 calories! It’s fast, it’s affordable, it’s delicious, and it won’t break the calorie bank = win.win.win.win!
I decided to “frost” my bars with some lemon-flavored Greek yogurt since it’s thick, creamy, sweet, and tart…all at the same time. It’s the perfect complement to the soft, chewy, and crispy dessert squares.
First, just spread a heaping tablespoon of your lemon yogurt on top of a Rice Krispies Treat.
Grab your favorite fresh berries — anything will work! I had a mix on hand, so that’s what I used here. Can you tell that we love berries in this house? I won’t even tell you how many pints we go through each week.
And top your frosted treat with as many berries as you can squeeze on top!
A garnish of fresh mint, which I keep growing in my windowsill, adds a nice bit of color and an extra touch of fresh flavor. This is a trick I learned from my mom (and from my grandmother)…garnish, garnish, garnish! It’s amazing how far you can get with a little added greenery…
And just like that, your easy snack is ready to serve…
with a strongly-encouraged glass of cold lemonade or iced tea on the side!
Here’s the handy little “recipe,” although you probably don’t even need one! Enjoy!
Greek Yogurt Lemon Berry Krispies
- 1 0.78 ounce Rice Krispies Treats Bar
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon-flavored Greek-style yogurt
- 6-8 raspberries blueberries, and/or blackberries
- Optional: fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Use a spoon or butter knife to evenly spread yogurt on top of Rice Krispie Treat.
- Top with berries of your choice.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Question: What are some of your favorite easy snack ideas? How do you like to jazz up a store-bought item? Please share your ideas with me!
And be sure to participate in the contest that’s going on right now! Eligible entrants will vote on their favorite Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® recipe on the Kellogg’s Family Rewards® Website and via various social media platforms to be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win prizes.
Twenty (20) Grand Prize winners will be randomly drawn at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes from among all eligible entries received. Contest voting runs from 3/24-5/3/15.
How to enter the sweepstakes:
- To enter via Twitter, Pinterest and/or Instagram, go to any of the Social Platforms and include the hashtag #RKTreatSweeps and the name of the Treat recipe you’re voting on in the copy of your post.
- You must also send or share a link of your post to [email protected] in order for your Social Platform entry to be verified.
- To send or share a link of your post with the Sponsor, go to the Social Platform(s) containing your Treat vote post, go to your profile, select the tweet/pin/post you would like to share with the Sponsor, and copy the link (Twitter) or share the post (Pinterest & Instagram) to [email protected]
You could win! Twenty (20) Grand Prize Winners will receive:
- $250 Bank-issued, pre-loaded Gift Card
- Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares
- Beats Pills™ Portable Stereo Speaker by Dr. Dre™
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows (10 oz.)
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed Chocolate Swirl snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
- (1) Jet-Puffed Strawberry snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed S’moresMallows
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed StarMallows (8 oz.)
- Assorted MARS products
- (1) M&M’s® dispenser
- (1) M&M’s® Milk Laydown Bag
- (1) M&M’s® Peanut Laydown bag
- All Social Platform posts must be posted to a non-private Social Platform account, must include the Hashtag and link to post must be shared or sent to Sponsor using the email address noted above.
- Limit one (1) entry per Week by voting using a Social Platform.
- By using the Hashtag, you affirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Official Rules.
- For full rules, visit the Contest Website.
Looking for other quick, easy, and nutritious snack ideas? You might also like these: