With just five simple ingredients, this Dump-and-Bake Philly Cheesesteak is a quick and easy dinner recipe that only requires about 10 minutes of prep! Loaded with bell peppers, onion, beef, and cheese, this one dish meal has all of the flavors of your favorite sandwich -- and they're baked right into the casserole!
A Philly Cheesesteak is definitely Keith's idea of good eating, and he gave this dish two thumbs up!
I'm not a Philadelphia native (not even close), so maybe that's why I can confidently say that my Southern twist on the classic hoagie (hello, biscuits!) is even better than the original...for one main reason: it's SO MUCH EASIER!
How To Make Low Prep Philly Cheesesteak
So how do I accomplish a flavorful baked Philly Cheesesteak without any of the prep work? Thanks to help from refrigerated biscuit dough and fully-cooked meatballs, you won't find me sauteeing steak and veggies in a skillet while my kids wreak havoc in the background. Instead, I just toss the 5 raw ingredients in one dish and pop it in the oven!
That dough will puff up and turn golden brown in the oven while the cheese melts and the veggies become tender...
Extra Tips For Making This Philly Cheesesteak
- Cooking for a Smaller Family? Just cut the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square baking dish. You can even purchase mini cans of biscuit dough so that you don't have to waste any.
- Want to Prep Ahead? You can assemble the casserole and keep it covered in the refrigerator or frozen until ready to bake.
Really...it just doesn't get any better than a delicious casserole that comes together in a matter of minutes! This recipe includes the veggies, protein, and carbs for a complete meal in one pan. That means that you don't even have to worry about sides (or extra dishes)!????????
My Philly Cheesesteak casserole is the ultimate in family-friendly weeknight cooking, and I'm sure that your husband and kids will agree too!
More Quick Low Prep Dinners To Try;
- Dump and Bake Taco Casserole
- Dump and Bake Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- Dump and Bake Meatball Ravioli Casserole
- Dump and Bake Crispy Garlic Butter Shrimp
5 Ingredient Dump-and-Bake Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 16 ounce can refrigerated biscuits
- 9 ounces frozen fully-cooked bite-size meatballs, thawed and quartered (I used 18 small meatballs)
- ½ cup frozen diced onion or about half of small fresh onion, finely diced
- 2 sweet bell peppers any color is fine, but I used 1 red and 1 green, finely diced
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove biscuits from can and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In the prepared dish (or in a large separate bowl), stir together chopped biscuits, chopped meatballs, diced onion, diced bell peppers, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for 15-20 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown and no longer doughy inside.