You only need 5 ingredients, one dish, and 5 minutes of prep for this easy dinner: Dump-and-Bake Italian Chicken Quesadillas! With layers of tortillas, marinara sauce, chicken, and cheese, it's a quick meal that's full of protein, packed with flavor, and perfect for your active lifestyle.
This dish is the ultimate kid-friendly comfort food for families on-the-go!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions and text are entirely my own.
Y'all...I think I've done it! I've managed to combine two of my kids' favorite dinners into one meal that requires almost ZERO effort on my part! This recipe is a cross between quesadillas and lasagna, and boy is it good.
Since you know that I'm a big fan of dump-and-bake dinners, I'm always dreaming up new ways to keep our meals interesting (and kid-friendly) without a lot of prep work.
By taking advantage of a few shortcuts, I can enjoy all of the flavor of a home-cooked meal without spending hours in the kitchen. There's no need to boil pasta, cook the meat, or even grate the cheese! You can literally just assemble the quesadillas and go...
Here's What You Need To Make It
- Grilled Chicken
- Flour Tortillas
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Dressing
- Italian Blend Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Parsley, Olives, Parmesan
I picked up all of the ingredients for this meal at Walmart, making shopping quick and efficient (always important when I have an impatient 3-year-old in the cart)!
To assemble this 5-minute meal, you first combine Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken with a few tablespoons of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing. The chicken is a staple in my kitchen because it makes delicious, good-for-us, protein-filled meals easy to prepare -- even at the last minute.
The Italian dressing adds a bold, zesty layer of flavor to this dish in a matter of seconds! The dressing is packed full of herbs and seasonings, it doesn't contain any high fructose corn syrup, it's gluten free, and it's an incredibly versatile option to keep in your fridge.
Whether you're marinating fresh meat, seasoning pasta, or serving a simple salad, there are endless ways to enjoy it!
How To Make Dump And Bake Italian Quesadillas
Once the chicken and the dressing are combined, you then add half of the marinara sauce and half of the cheese. Stir it all together to create the filling for your "quesadillas!"
To assemble the casserole, place 2 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas in the bottom of a baking dish. These special tortillas are found in the refrigerated section, and they are made from only 5 simple ingredients (and no preservatives).
Top the tortillas with half of the chicken mixture and a little bit more sauce; repeat the layers once more; cover; and bake!
The end result is layers of cheesy, Italian chicken quesadillas baked together in a casserole that will make your family very happy!
I like to serve our dinner with a leafy green salad on the side, finished with the extra Wish-Bone dressing. It's weeknight perfection!
Best of all, this is a practical, no-stress way to get a homemade dinner on the table for our families -- even when we don't have the time or energy to spend hours in the kitchen.
With a few simple shortcuts and a family-friendly recipe, you can feel good about nourishing your loved ones with wholesome ingredients that taste amazing. You'll feel like a Mommy Superhero, and nobody will know that it only required 5 minutes of your precious time!
Extra Tips For Making Italian Quesadillas
Serving a Larger Family? Want to Have Some Leftovers? You can easily double the ingredients and prepare the dinner in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Save any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. It reheats nicely in the microwave or in the oven.
Want to Prep Ahead? This is a freezer-friendly option! Assemble the quesadillas as instructed through Step 4. Cover tightly with foil and freeze for up to 3 months (or keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking). When ready to use, thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight and bake according to instructions above.
More Easy Italian Recipes To Try;
- Italian Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Foil Pack Italian Sausage And Peppers
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Soup
- "No Work" Italian Baked Chicken
Dump-and-Bake Italian Chicken Quesadillas
- 11 ounces about 2 cups diced Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- 3 tablespoons Wish-Bone Italian Dressing
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 4 TortillaLand Flour Tortillas
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley sliced olives, grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish (or an 8-inch square dish) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken and Italian dressing. Stir in half of the marinara sauce (about ½ cup) and half of the cheese (about ½ cup).
- Place 2 of the tortillas in the bottom of the prepared dish, tearing them as necessary to cover the bottom (overlapping is fine).
- Top with half of the chicken mixture and drizzle with ¼ cup of remaining marinara sauce. Repeat layers one more time.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes (until cheese melted and casserole is hot and bubbly).
- Garnish with optional toppings!