This simple, creamy, and delicious side dish has been a family favorite for decades! Aunt Bee's 3-Ingredient Cheesy Potato Casserole is a staple on just about every holiday table, and it's a quick prep-ahead option that makes mealtime easy!
Who knew that 3 simple ingredients could come together in such a magical way?!
If you're planning your holiday menu, or even if you just need a new easy side dish for your next weeknight dinner, I hope that you'll add this Cheesy Potato Casserole to your list!
Thanks to a few of the highest quality organic ingredients, this soul-nurturing recipe is a simple and wholesome way to transform any meal into a special occasion.
How to Make Cheesy Potato Casserole
You'll start with 2 pounds of red potatoes, which get boiled, peeled and grated.
The cooked potatoes are combined with the richest, thickest, creamiest Horizon Organic Sour Cream,
and the cheeeeeesiest Horizon Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
I love the Horizon products because they are full of wholesome, flavorful ingredients that lend a rich, smooth consistency to the potato casserole -- without any of the funky unwanted stuff like artificial colors and GMOs.
After stirring everything together, you just transfer the mixture to a deep baking dish and pop it in the oven.
TIP: If you're not ready to bake the potato casserole yet, you can cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
It's the perfect stress-free option for a big holiday meal because you don't have to worry about last-minute prep when you're busy with everything else on the menu!
During the final few minutes of baking, I like to pull the potato casserole out of the oven and sprinkle it with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese. You'll have it in the bag, so you might as well use it, right? Plus, a little bit of extra cheese on top never hurt a thing!
How to Make Cheesy Potato Casserole | 1-Minute Video
What to Serve this Casserole with?
The end result is a rich, decadent, and simple side dish that pairs perfectly with just about any entree!
It's like a cross between hash browns and mashed potatoes, and my mom has served this easy side dish for as long as I can remember.
It makes an annual appearance on our Christmas table with beef tenderloin, it's great alongside turkey and all of the fixin's at Thanksgiving, and it's a nice addition to ham at Easter.
Plus, if you want to make a regular Sunday supper feel a little bit more special, this 3-ingredient recipe is the answer!
Enjoy the time with your family this holiday season, stress less about the menu, and keep your time in the kitchen to a minimum!
With simple-yet-decadent options like this prep-ahead 3-Ingredient Cheesy Potato Casserole, you'll be amazed by how easily a feast can come together!
Want to Prep Ahead?
This is a great option to make in advance. Prepare the casserole according to instructions through Step 5.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Just before baking, remove the cover and allow to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Proceed with baking as instructed above.
More Delicious Potato Recipes
Aunt Bee's 3-Ingredient Cheesy Potato Casserole
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3 cups 2 packages Horizon Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese (12 ounces), divided
- 12 ounces Horizon Organic Sour Cream about 1 ¾ cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes in a large pot until fork-tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Allow potatoes to cool. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and use the large holes on a grater to shred them.
- Place grated potatoes in a large bowl. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese (set aside the remaining cup for later) and all of the sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer potato mixture to a greased 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese, and return to the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through.
- Garnish with sliced green onions just before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.